Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Easter in China...

Hmm...  wasn't sure what to expect for Easter.  Or to expect anything really.  Easter doesn't exist in China from what I know or from what I saw.  Can you imagine...?  Living...  without knowing The Easter Story?  The Resurrection...  it's what brings me hope and joy and faith.  And without it...  wow.

I enjoyed our fellowship on Easter morning.  It's fun to hear the same story told a different way year after year.  But it saddened me that we are not even allowed to invite our Chinese friends to hear this story.  A passport...  you must hold a foreign passport to enter through those doors.

And Easter eggs.  You can't find those here either.  Or, I never did anyway.  But, there were some hiding in my classroom closet and a friend had some for me to borrow.  Our kindergarten class enjoyed an egg hunt the Friday before Spring Break.

Emily was also invited to an Easter Egg hunt at the U.S. Embassy.  Actually, my entire kindergarten class was invited.  So that was a lot of fun!  But even then...  you had to hold a foreign passport...  just to go Easter egg hunting!  This saddens me too.  We have a Chinese friend I really would have loved to invite.

So, the egg hunt...  I had to pull out my passport, walk through security, and THEN, it was okay to go have some fun!

This is just nuts to me.  But it's reality...

Hoping that someway, somehow, with all the restrictions and the rules and regulations and the language barrier...  that  light shines through this darkness.

Hmm...  where should I start?
hunting eggs at the U.S. Embassy
woke up to eggs all over the apartment!
Easter morning... getting ready for fellowship
Mimi sent an egg coloring kit!
shaking the eggs in the glitter shaker
and of course, egg and chick nails...  courtesy of "Hop"... so cute!
*Oh so many more pics and stories I wish I could share...

No comments:

Post a Comment