Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

setting priorities

When I came across this title in my devotional this morning, I immediately started creating my priorities list in my head and before I knew it, the list was really long and a bit overwhelming.

But these words by Stormie Omartian simplified my list and helped me to re-focus this morning.  Hope they do the same for you!  It really should be this simple.

SETTING PRIORITIES

We can't live successfully without right priorities in our lives.  yet some of us try to do that every day.  Correct priorities are not something we can figure out on our own.  We have to be led by the Holy Spirit and have a clear knowledge of God's Word in order to understand what we should be.

Our two most important priorities come directly from the Word of God.  Jesus told us about them saying, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.'  This is the first and greatest commandment.  And the second is like it:  'You shall love your neighbor as yourself' " (Matthew 22:37-39).  If you maintain these two top priorities -- love God and love others -- they will guide you in setting all the other priorities in your life.

~God's Promise~
 
"Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you."
 
Matthew 6:33

No comments:

Post a Comment