Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

the travel bug...

The Travel Bug...  we have it!  We LOVE to travel!  I've been on 2 plane trips and 3 train trips just since we've moved here.  I've traveled more in the past 7 months than I probably have in the previous 20+ years combined. 

Though traveling in China isn't exactly simple and the train stations have been known to stress me out to my maximum capacity.  Carrying luggage and a 5 year old up and down hundreds of stairs just to get to our train just frustrates me when a simple escalator seems to be the simple solution.  Escalators are known in China.  I've seen them.  Why aren't they used more often?  Especially when luggage is involved...  I'm really not sure how the handicapped and elderly navigate... because this mom struggles on every train trip!  Thankfully, I am usually traveling with good-hearted, helpful people who seem to spot me as a "damsel in distress" right away.

But despite the chaos traveling presents, we still love it.  Maybe it's Emily's enthusiasm that spurs on excitement in me.  This child is soaking it up!  We had the privilege of traveling to Tianjin this week...  a 5 hour train ride away.  It was just a one night trip we took to go observe another Early Childhood Center within our company.  It was a super quick trip, but we still loved it!  I love the quality time I get to spend with Emily on the train...  Oddly, when no one else speaks our language, I feel like we are the only ones there sometimes.

Though I often miss the simplicity and slower pace of our Texas lifestyle, the travel bug is indefinitely deep-rooted in us!

On our trip, we got to see lots of friends we had met at our orientation in The States before moving over.  Emily had a great time playing with her friends!


Emily, Henry, and Kairis

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you really had a fun trip--do some of the people you met in NYC work there--How do they like living on China? Still have snow tbere?

    ReplyDelete