Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

stressed...how do i deal?

Looking at the big picture is... overwhelming, kinda scary, and putting it lightly... stressful.

9 weeks of school left, parent-teacher conferences, observations, departure seminar, birthday parties, baby showers, goodbye parties, birthday parties, goodbye dinners, filing taxes from china, goodbye play dates, birthday parties, packing up, dealing with insurance companies... still,  garage sale, birthday parties, kindergarten graduation, job applications, making decisions, summer plans, hopping on airplanes...all in 9 weeks.

The big picture stresses me out.  No hiding it, no pretending that I have it all together, it's a heavy load.  And how am I going to deal with it?

A box of chocolate and Friends re-runs only get me so far... then further behind.

Plans and ideas to deal:

1. Make a plan.  Lesson plans, Dinner plans, Party plans...  my calendar is always with me.
2. Lists---lots and lots of lists.  I am currently making a weekly list, and checking things off as I go is so liberating!
3. Prioritize...what's most important?
4. Say no... what isn't as important?  Sure, I'd love to do it all, but I can't.. so where can I say no?
5. Look at the big picture... then narrow it down... take it one week or even one day at a time.
6. Find an outlet... mine used to be running until the doctor said no more... so I'm still working on this one...  just bought some new Pilates videos I'm trying to get into.
7. Massage, massage, massage...  $8 a massage... why not get one every week?
8. Vent... I used to be the "I have it all together" type... but that adds even more stress, in my opinion.  I have a couple of ladies I meet with weekly to vent, share what's going on in my life and to pray for me and with me.  I can't do it all on my own!
9. Dig in to The Word.  I know the busier I get, the less likely I am to get into The Word, but it's times like this I need to most!  I want to make this a priority.
10. Embrace every moment.... look for the good in every situation.  Find my "attitude of gratitude".
11. Help others who are stressed!  "You reap what you sow."
12. Remember..."This too shall pass."

Are you stressed?  How do YOU deal?  I'd love your ideas!

1 comment:

  1. You can do it!!!!! And then later you will wonder how you survived but it will be worth it!!

    ReplyDelete