Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

santa's workshop...

I was told earlier this week that my original classroom was ready to move back into.  While this was exciting and something we've all been waiting for, it was also a huge stressor.  There's just so much to do and so little time.  Being that it was Spirit Week at school, it has been a very busy week. 

My intentions were to gradually move back in.  I was even thinking about waiting until after Thanksgiving, when the kids come back from the break, and it would be a fresh start for them.

I had absolutely no intentions of moving EVERYTHING yesterday and having it all set up and ready to go by TODAY!  But I work with amazing people, and when I saw how many people showed up after school to help move things, I thought "let's do this"!

I kid you not, within 30 minutes, everything was moved from my room on the 2nd floor down to my original room on the first floor.  I had 20 new IKEA chairs that needed to be assembled, and I seriously felt like I belonged in Santa's Workshop.  People were smiling and willing to do anything and everything I asked.  I looked around and 20 different chairs were being assembled.  And just the sound of the laughter and the hammering was enlightening.

It is absolutely unbelievable that my students were able to walk into their classroom today.  They were more than excited, and I am overjoyed to have my classroom back!

ALL IN ONE DAY:
Theatre Thursday
(We all dressed as book/movie characters)
I was Tinkerbell and Emily was Sleeping Beauty.

Santa's Workshop begins




The Final Product
(Notice the new tables and chairs.  The kids were so excited about these!)

No comments:

Post a Comment