Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

emily's first china sleepover!

A sweet friend offered to watch Emily this weekend and host a Kid's Camp for Emily and her kiddos.  Emily had sooo much fun, she can't stop talking about it!

Below is a post from my sweet friend, Jenny, to give you the highlights of their weekend.  Enjoy!

Kids’ Camp 2011!

2011 November 19
by Jenny
In an effort to get more acquainted with one of our sweet children on our team and give her mom a night off, I decided to volunteer to do a Kids’ Camp at my home Friday night through Saturday at 5 p.m.
Emily with her overnight belongings arrived on Friday evening after our first snowfall of the season!
Our agenda was full of fun things to do such as…
Baking a chocolate cake! (Don't miss Isaac in the background, he obviously wants you to see him) ;0)
Tearing apart a pomelo! (Jolie has turned Asian on us and refuses to take a pic without the signature peace symbol)
A pomelo is like a big grapefruit, but not so much like a big grapefruit. It has sections like an orange that we have lots of fun pulling apart for the fruit inside. We love eating pomelos and Emily liked eating it too!
Sleeping in a tent
What child doesn’t like sleeping in a tent?
The three girls snuggled up for an all nighter in a tent. Until that is, Jolie was fed up and decided it was time to wake up mom at midnight and switch spots. I gave up my position next to my warm hubby for a floor between two squirmy sleeping little girls. Thankfully they stayed asleep for the most part, but I did learn that Lily talks a lot in her sleep.
Enjoying Daniel's hugs!
I have yet to meet a person who does not like Daniel. His smile, hugs, and charm is hard to resist. After I took him out of bed this morning, he toddled over to Emily and fell into her lap wrapping his arms around her. Mind you, he hardly knows her! He is so sweet that way!!
Making snow angels
We had our first snow fall and the girls were anxious to get outside in it! Here they are making snow angels. We had to drag Lily inside…she loved it out there!
Jie Jie (big sister) playing with the two mei mei (little sisters)
The girls did NOT want to come back inside with me, but lunch needed to get prepared! After I made sure the girls were in capable hands (Jolie’s) I went back upstairs to help prepare lunch. Here Jolie is playing with them right outside our window. If I’m gonna have to live in an apartment complex, I praise God for the convenience of a 2nd floor apartment!
Made a doll house
Did you ever make a doll house? I always had one for my Barbies!
Home made are the best and so this morning we pulled out some boxes I had been saving up and started making one for the girls.
Playing Dress Up!
To finish up our Kids’ Camp 2011 we had a friend come over, Belle, and play dress up! The girls really enjoyed showing off their dresses to us and then finished up the evening playing hide and seek with their Prince Isaac.
All in all a great Kids’ Camp 2011. So blessed to have a great family that enjoys company!

No comments:

Post a Comment