Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

another day on the couch...

So, it's been 5 days since I've left my house.  I popped the back of my knee a couple of weeks ago during a Tae Bo workout...  it was painful, but actually didn't bother me for about 10 days.  But it hit me last week, with a limp, and then felt strained, and then the other knee began bothering me because I was shifting all the weight to it.

I tore my meniscus my senior year of high school, and have a pretty big instinct that I re-tore it.  I'll find out on Wednesday when I go for an MRI (waiting until then for insurance purposes.)

So, until then, I am house bound and mostly couch bound.  My good knee is beginning to hurt more than my bad knee.  That's no fun.  So, I sit.  The fact that I live on the fourth floor has a lot to do with it, but it also seems to be the wise thing to do....  I'd prefer not to hurt it more than it already is.

I'VE BEEN HERE BEFORE

These past 5 days have taken me back to June 2006... when I was in the hospital on bed rest right before I had Emily.  That time of rest was so crucial to the the Lord preparing me for what was ahead.  He stilled me, made me listen, and prepared me as much as possible for what lied ahead.

And though this is different in so many ways, it's familiar to me.  He's doing that again.  Making me be still, making me listen, and preparing me in lots of ways for my year ahead. 

Granted, I'd prefer to be in the classroom, setting up, rearranging furniture, hanging bulletin boards, but He has other plans.  I have no idea how all of that will fall into place (especially if I have surgery), but He does.

So, sitting on the couch all day, isn't all that simple when I have a large "to-do" list.  But He's using it, and I'm grateful that I can recognize that right now.

OVERWHELMED... IN A GOOD WAY

In the past week, I have been overwhelmed with Community.  The Lord has used the Community around me to fulfill our every need so far.  One family had Ace bandage wraps, another pain medicine, another crutches.  A friend found knee braces, and bought groceries.  People are constantly calling to check on us and see how they can help.

They've even gone as far as to schedule bringing dinner to us and taking Emily out on playdates.  It really is overwhelming to see how quickly these loving people came together and how open their hearts are.

Emily has handled this 100 x better than I could have possibly asked for.  She is Mommy's little nurse and graciously responds to every thing I ask her to do. 

ONE MORE DAY

After this, I have one more day of sitting on the couch, until I hopefully get some clarity.  Surgery in China is definitely not something I'd prefer, but we'll cross that bridge when it gets here... which could be very SOON!

We would appreciate you lifting us up if you think about it.  I know that He cares about every detail, and am trusting that He is working them all out behind the scenes.

Because you know...  I start back to school in TWO WEEKS! 

But He knows that. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment