Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

count it all joy...

"Count it all joy my brothers when you face trials of various kinds."  James 1:2

This is one of my favorite verses...  when everything is going well and I want to encourage others.

But in the midst of this whole knee fiasco, it's been hard for me to love this verse, to like this verse, and to even trust this verse.

I honestly feel like this knee thing will never end.  It's been ongoing for over six weeks now.  I had surgery yesterday.  And I should be done, right?

Wrong...

The physical therapist today recommended an MRI on my left knee now.  BUT the doctor doesn't think I need it...  he just thinks I need therapy.

But the therapist doesn't want to give me therapy until he rules out damage from the MRI.

So... the therapist can't order me an MRI without the doctor's approval and he won't give me therapy without the MRI.

So, I'm stuck again...  in the place where I've been all along...  doctor's don't agree, and I don't know who to listen to.

I'm in tons of pain.  I miss my sweet Emily like crazy.  I want to be at school, but I'm here...  in this trial.

And I'm supposed to count it all joy.

...for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. James1:3,4


I know these verses, I believe these verses, but man it's hard to truly live these verses in the midst of a trial.

But deep down inside, I count this all joy because I know that:

He causes everything to work together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.  Romans 8:28

He turns ashes into beauty.

He uses my pain for His glory.

And because... He's already there.










No comments:

Post a Comment