Pages

Friday, December 7, 2012

it's been an off week...

This week has been a little unusual for us.  In a full week, we've only been at school 2 and a half days.  School was called off at lunch time on Monday because of a mini blizzard!  I can't believe I didn't get pictures of this, but here's what remains a few days later....


Since we had a half-day, our Chinese friends invited us over for dinner and to help them set up their Christmas tree, "the way foreigners do".  We had originally planned to do it the weekend before, but it didn't work out, so we were excited that we had this extra time to hang out!

Everybody is watching me do the tree.  I eventually got them to join in!

Emily adding tinsel to the tree.

Joy and Emily playing "Hide and Seek"


After going back to school for 2 days, we found ourselves staying home for 2 days to fight off Emily's sickness.  She has a rough cough, a raspy voice, and a low fever.  We are hoping it subsides in time for her Christmas concert tomorrow!

She's growing so fast and acts like a little adult now, so I definitely soak up and take advantage of the time I get to "baby" her. 


Emily tried to set up our Christmas decorations 2 weeks before Thanksgiving!  I finally let her set it all up Thanksgiving night.  Just 2 more weeks and we get to do this with our own family... in AMERICA!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment