Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's... in December!?

When we went back to The States for Christmas, I was seriously shocked to see the Valentine's aisle at Wal-Mart pop up just a few short days after Christmas!  I mean, come on... really?
I was a little appalled to be honest...  and had no desire to walk down that aisle.
But a few days later, I made another Wal-Mart stop.  Different Wal-Mart, different town.  But same Valentine's aisle.  And I began to think ahead.  China makes you do that...  I had a hard time finding anything Valentine'sy for Emily last year...  so, I picked up a few things.
I really don't get it... Valentine's in December...  but I know a little girl who definitely appreciated the hearts in the midst of the snowflakes this morning.


 Our Valentine's tradition in The States has been to go to Build-A-Bear and create a new stuffed friend.  I've missed doing that the past 2 years!  But we made a new tradition today.  Ice Skating!  Emily had her first ice skating lesson... in Chinese!

She's not so sure about this...

A little more comfortable...

Emily and one of her best friends, Megan.

Emily and Megan getting ready to free skate after their lessons.

All on her own, woohoo!

Best friends!!  This will be a tough goodbye... :(

Happy Valentine's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment