Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

when strawberry is tomato and chocolate is red bean...


Emily has developed this just awfully, horrid look of disgust when it comes to tasting foods that don't taste like what she expects.  Or just simply looking at an unknown food brings out her "there's no hiding it, my kid is just plain rude" face.  Nope, my kid is not the one who moved overseas and has learned to eat new foods, becomes less picky, or at least "tries it because she might like it".  Nope, not even a simple "thank you" or "no, thank you" will suffice.  Lately, it's been an over dramatic shiver, an outburst of "bleck", "yuck", or "eww", and just plain rudeness.  My sweet Emily has developed this natural reaction that often embarrasses this mother who has spent the past 6 years instilling "thank you" or "no, thank you" into this child.

I mean, come on... who can really be upset when that strawberry fruit roll-up is actually tomato...  tomato is a fruit after all.

Tomato, tomotto...or strawberry would be nice... :)

And red bean isn't all that bad.... unless you're expecting it to be chocolate...  filled inside strawberries... not tomatoes.

Fruit Kabob-My favorite is the strawberry!
Emily and I got really excited when we found strawberry filled with chocolate...but quickly discovered the chocolate was red bean...

Okay, I admit, I want to shiver when I bite into a chocolate, I mean red bean, ice cream bar.  And tomato fruit roll-ups don't quite satisfy.
Red Bean Ice Pops
Red Bean Ice Cream

When I think of moving back to The States, it's funny to think about the simple things I am looking forward to.  Driving a car, throwing my wet laundry into the dryer, taking a long, hot shower, etc.

                                              


I will savor the moments when strawberry is strawberry, chocolate is chocolate, and green tea and seaweed are... mint chocolate chip ice cream. :)

Yum... :p

Until then, we are working on a simple "thank you" or "no, thank you" over here!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment