Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

home for Christmas!

After 16 months, we finally made the long trek back to the States for Christmas!  Though the trip both ways was anything but smooth, it was all worth it!

We spent time with our family, ate lots of Mexcian food, did lots of shopping, and got some good R & R!

Chili's and Olive Garden were the 2 restaurants on the top of my list.  We had Chili's the day after we arrived and Olive Garden the night before we left...  and all my Mom's Mexican dishes and guacamole in between!  And of course... I did sneak in a Chinese buffet.

Of course, spending time with family was the best part.  Here are some pics to re-cap our trip.



Visiting Grandma with cousin Charlie

Yes, it's true...SNOW in TEXAS!

Where I've spent all but 2 Christmases!

Santa brought a Wizard Wall, so much fun!

Ta da!  Gingerbread  House complete!

Santa and the Tooth Fairy came to visit Emily in the same week!
Matching outfits!







Making snow ice cream...
Eating snow ice cream!

American Girl Doll and the first season of Full House!

Riding the "reindeer"

Cousins... my mom made their adorable headbands!

Making snow angels

My favorite place to R & R

The snow wasn't really cooperating...  so our attempt at a snowman resulted as a  snow blob!

Pajama mornings are the best!

Sledding with Pappy!
Who else thinks they are up to something....?

Almost time to say goodbye....



Just not ready yet...

On our way back to China!
I'm happy to say we have said farewell to jetlag, gotten back into the groove of school, and are spending our days bundled up and drinking hot chocolate.  I know I'm a little late... but HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment