Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

busiest time of the year

It's the busiest time of the year.  Too busy to sit down and write a blog, really....  but I could use a break.  My parents and sister will be visiting us IN CHINA 5 days from now!  We are soooo excited!  But it's almost impossible for me to grasp everything that is going to happen between now and then.  We have 3 days of school left and it's crunch time!

KINDERGARTEN GRADUATION

Monday evening, we will be hosting our school's first (and my first) Kindergarten Graduation.  I am very excited about celebrating all of my students' hard work this year!  There are lots of finishing touches still to be made.  I have spent this morning putting the final touches on the movie slideshow and touching up the paint on our handmade graduation caps.



FIELD TRIP

The day after graduation, we still have 2 days of school left.  I am taking my students on a feild trip to a Paleontoligical Museum (dinosaur museum).  The tour will be in Chinese and I really have no idea what to expect.  But hey, I'll never know unless I try it!  But you can definitely pr*y all goes smoothly. :)

END OF THE YEAR PARTY

The last day will be a half-day.  We will have our end-of-the-year movie party and summer birthday party.  Then I will stay at school to tear down my room for painting.

HANGIN' WITH THE BABIES

That evening is high school graduation, and since we don't know many of the high schoolers, Emily and I will be babysitting 3 of the coolest babies ever so their parents can attend graduation.  We are excited for the last minute opportunity to hang out with baby Madeline and Emma-Mae one last time before they head back to the States.  And baby Willow, we can't wait to hang out with you, too!

ACCUPUNCTURE

And just to throw it into the mix, I am trying accupuncture for the first time today...  in about 3 hours.  Hoping it's not all that bad and that it brings some relief to my back.  I will let you know how it goes.

IT'S BEEN ALMOST A YEAR....

Since we've seen our family!  I can't believe it.  I think 3 months is the longest I've gone without seeing them before we moved to China, and even that was hard.  I am very grateful for Skype....  even though Skype hasn't exactly been my friend the past couple of days.  My mom, dad, and sister Sarah will be arriving the morning after school is out and WE CAN'T WAIT!

IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT

We would appreciate your pryers.  It's hard to find rest in the midst of the business sometimes, so please lift us up and ask that we stay healthy, energized, and joyful throughout the next few days.

UNTIL NEXT TIME...  BLESSINGS!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Doris Lucille WheatJune 2, 2012 at 8:42 PM

    Blessings back to you Lea and Emily. Thanks for taking time to keep us posted on you time
    in China. Good Job. Best Wishes for a Great Time with your Family.
    Love to All

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lea! Ironically, I'm typing atop the same coffee table that La and I helped move into your house some three years ago... it's in my room in Austin now. Funny, huh? It is awesome to read about your experiences in China with Emily. I hope God continues to move you in powerful ways. Have a great visit with your family!

    ReplyDelete