Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Day 12--Last Full Day...

Yesterday was my family's last full day here.  We chose to have a low key day and just enjoy spending time together.  We slept in, made cupcakes, walked down the street for lunch and Mango, and celebrated Emily turning 6 next month!  Oh, and of course, we ended the night with a game of Rummy.

EMILY WILL BE 6!

I just can't believe it's almost been 6 years.  Really?  I wish I could freeze time.  I seriously do.  But I can't!  Emily has grown so much in so many ways.  She's reading now, and using big words, and dressing herself, and washing her own hair, and "doing it herself" all the time!

Since we won't see my family on her birthday, my family brought Barbie party gear (since I haven't seen it here), and we had a small, early celebration for her.

After a lazy morning, Mimi and Emily decorated cupcakes....  chocolate cupcakes, strawberry icing...  and.... SPRINKLES!  That is a treat here!  Thank you Mimi for bringing those. ;)
Mimi and Emily making cupcakes...

Emily adding sprinkles...

LAST CHINESE MEAL

After the cupcakes were done, we walked down the street to eat at Hao Ke Wei for one last Chinese meal.  I've actually only eaten here a few times and I've never been the one ordering!  There are pictures, but no English descriptions, so I ordered things I thought I recognized, but most of it ended up not being what I thought it was.  Though most of it was pretty delicious, there was one dish I was really unsure of...  I took one bite and that was enough, but Sarah and Dad really liked it, so they ate it....  and regretted it later.  =/
Last Chinese meal together at Hao Ke Wei

MANGO

I told you we would have to go back to Mango!  We took my Dad this time.  Sarah and Emily ordered Mango Smoothies, my Mom and Dad ordered Strawberry Smoothies, and I had a Pink (Strawberry) Lemonade.  Absolutely delicious!  I am kicking myself for not getting pictures of these things.  They are huge!  And would definitely make your mouth water...  I'm sure Em and I will be back, so pics to come...

Sarah and Emily waiting for their Mango Smoothies

Oh, and by the way...  you may want to watch your step on the way out!


HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY, EM!

After Mango, we went to the grocery market to pick up food items for dinner.  After resting at home for a bit, we took Emily to the park.  Sarah and I skipped out on the park early so we could come set up for Em's birthday celebration.

She was surprised to walk in to the Barbie decorations and presents!  And she wanted to know immediately where all this stuff came from. :)

She opened presents, then we ate hot dogs... with CHILI!  Another treat...  Afterward, we had our special-made cupcakes.

Emily enjoyed playing with her toys the rest of the evening and said, "thank you" to all of us about 100 times.  I love that girl!

Birthday girl blowing out her candles!

Mimi, Pappy, and Emily

Yummy cupcakes!


RUMMY

We ended the evening with a game of Rummy...  a Jones Family tradition.  I got my butt kicked, but it was fun anyway!  My Mom is leaving China as the Rummy Champion. :)

They are all sleeping now, but we head to the airport in just a few short hours...  oh, how we will miss them!

No comments:

Post a Comment