Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Day 8--The Stationary Market, Rainy Day, and Sushi Night

THE STATIONARY MARKET

The Stationary Market is a teacher's haven.  Well, it can be if you go at the right time with the right mindset.  Otherwise, it can be extremely overwhelming.  It's hard to appreciate this place if you are not a teacher.  And I know that.  So I did everyone else a favor and gave them a morning at home while my mom and I embarked on our stationary journey.

My mom absolutley loved it!  She found tons of prizes for her 1st graders' treasure box next year.  They will be getting prizes from China all year long!  She spent less than $20 for a year supply.  Now that's a deal!!

She also bought a class set of scissors for less then $2, some journals, and some pens.  And decided that she had probably bought enough to replace the space in her suitcase that was once filled with my America Wish List.

Aside from the splishin' and splashin', it was a great morning out with my Momma!

RAINY DAY
It has been raining a LOT the past few days.  We have had to rearrange our schedule a time or two in spite of the rain.  We have all used an umbrella more this week than we have in our entire lives!  Seattle...  I don't know how you do it.

SUSHI NIGHT

Sarah and I have been awaiting this night the whole trip.  My parents aren't really a fan of sushi, but we found an incredible steak dish for them.

And Emily is just pleased with the cool seating arrangement....  we sit on the floor and our legs go underneath the table.  This just excites her so much!  To be honest, I think it's pretty cool, too.

Sushi lovers, these pics are for you...

The Cool Table

Salmon
Steak and Egg
Sushi Rolls
Edamame

                                                      
  
Avocado and Eel Rolls
(my favorite!)

Here are pics of the fam...  and everyone tried sushi... yay!


Sarah




Sarah and Emily



"Mimi"


Emily with her Mimi and Pappy



The Family

No comments:

Post a Comment